Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
Texas Children’s Cancer & Hematology Centers at Baylor College of Medicine is seeking a certified nurse practitioner to join the research faculty (Instructor-NP) as an Epic-Beacon Coordinator (BC). The Beacon Coordinator is part of a team dedicated to working collaboratively with clinical providers, clinical research nurses/coordinators, regulatory coordinators, pharmacists, and the EPIC (Beacon/Willow) IS team in support of Beacon order set content for the EPIC Electronic Health Record (EHR).
Reporting to the CRO Operations Director, the BC executes and coordinates all activities related to the development and maintenance of clinical and research orders in EPIC-Beacon. In collaboration with the CRO, TXCH EPIC physician lead, principal investigator, disease and study teams, the BC uses comprehensive knowledge of therapeutic clinical and research treatment protocols to develop clear, timely and comprehensive Beacon build templates that are instructive for Beacon/Willow content. The BC ensures that all research-related Beacon content in the EPIC EHR is accurate and up-to-date for both new and ongoing clinical research trials. The BC is also responsible for coordinating development of non-research therapeutic protocol content in Beacon, and for maintaining documentation and tracking data for all stages of the EPIC-Beacon build and validation process.
• Collaborates with clinical, research and IS personnel to develop comprehensive protocol-specific Beacon content, including but not limited to: identification of all protocol-required medications, supportive therapy, imaging tests, research and clinical labs for assigned protocols; development of protocol-specific build templates, roadmaps and other supporting documentation; and integration of TXCH clinical workflows into EPIC-Beacon content.
• Coordinates across multiple disciplines to ensure that care instructions are clear, comprehensive, and consistent with the scope of practice of each discipline and TXCH SOPs and policies.
• Actively participates in the development and optimization of Beacon-specific workflows to ensure timely and efficient delivery of content and to faciliate validation.
• Participates in research feasibility review and implementation meetings, as well as chemosafety review and validation of EPIC-Beacon content.
• Maintains up-to-date tracking and status of all projects. Proactively communicates challenges and escalates appropriately to ensure that assigned projects are completed in a timely manner.
• Promotes collaboration and teamwork with the CRO, EPIC Leadership, research and healthcare teams.
• Maintains current knowledge, skills and competencies through involvement in professional continuing education activities.
• Complies with all applicable regulations and company policies, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan; ensures that work is performed in a safe and compliant manner; completes all required training on time, and maintains proper records in accordance with institutional SOPs and policies.
• Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
• Excellent oral/written communication.
• Self-motivated, independent, and possessing the ability to learn quickly.
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy, and the ability to work in a team matrix environment.
• Ability to effectively multi-task, prioritize, and manage multiple, complex projects on schedule. Able to adapt quickly to shifting priorities, and identify critical dependencies for timely completion of assigned projects.
• Ability to review project deliverables for completeness, quality and compliance with established project standards and SOPs.
• Ability to successfully negotiate and collaborate with others of different skill sets and educational backgrounds both within and external to the organization.
• Strong working knowledge of EPIC-Beacon, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), and Sharepoint database functions.
• Adheres to all professional and regulatory standards. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty while maintaining confidentiality.
• Advanced Care Provider Degree (PNP). Current PNP License, OCN preferred.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience as a PNP working in an academic environment. Previous experience as a clinical research PNP preferred.
• EPIC certification – Beacon preferred, with at least 1 year EPIC-Beacon build experience.
• Familiarity with EPIC and delivery of care within the EPIC EHR environment.
Internal Number: 294727AB
About Baylor College of Medicine
Baylor College of Medicine is committed to being a national leader in advancing human health through the integration of patient care, research, education and community service.
We offer the opportunity to work in a challenging and stimulating environment with outstanding career opportunities and excellent benefits.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action and Equal Access Employer.