Providence is calling a Registered Nurse Case Manager ( Per Diem / Variable Shift ) to Providence Tarzana Medical Center in Tarzana, CA.
In this position you will:
- Performs the primary functions of assessment, planning, facilitation and advocacy, which are achieved through collaboration with the client and other health care professionals involved in the client's care.
- Ensure timely discharge through early intervention and identification of post-hospital care needs
- Ensure continuity of care needs are assessed and met for both inpatient and outpatients as needed, based on the age of the patient
- Identify high-risk/cost patients
- Facilitate opportunities to coordinate interventions and design treatment plans
- Control costs and manage total patient care to ensure optimal outcomes
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current California Registered Nurse ( RN ) License
- Current Basic Life Support ( BLS ) certification for Healthcare Providers from the American Heart Association
- LA City Fire Card within 30 days of hire
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medi-cal regulations
- Knowledge of InterQual criteria
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing ( BSN )
- 1-3 years of clinical nursing experience
- 1-3 years of Case Management experience in an acute care facility
About the hospital your will serve.
Providence Tarzana Medical Center is a 245-bed not-for-profit medical center that serves the San Fernando Valley, offering high quality specialty services, including: heart and vascular care, orthopedics, oncology and senior services. Recognizing the special health care needs of women and children, our Women's Pavilion & Resource Center provides women's health and maternity care in once central location. The hospital specializes in pediatrics and has one of the largest neonatal intensive care units in the San Fernando Valley. Providence Tarzana has a reputation for clinical excellence and sophisticated technology with a personal touch. Providence Health & Services cares about the people and the lives that we touch each and every day. We are continually driven by the caring tradition of our heritage and the foundation of our Mission and core-values to embrace respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship. With a rich past reaching back more than 65 years in Southern California, and 150 years in total, Providence Health & Services today celebrates unprecedented growth, recognition for top quality health care, a vibrant employee culture where new ideas are encouraged and a drive to help the underprivileged - all with an eye toward the future.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Case Management
Req ID: 145992