Providence is calling a per diem Clinical Documentation Specialist (Per diem/Variable shift) to Providence Tarzana Medical Center in Tarzana, CA.
In this position you will:
- Improve the overall quality and completeness of clinical documentation.
- Facilitate modifications to clinical documentation through extensive interaction with physicians, nursing staff, other patient caregivers, and medical records coding staff to ensure that appropriate reimbursement is received for the level of service rendered to all patients with a DRG based payor (Medicare, Medi-cal, Managed Care).
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of clinical information used for measuring and reporting physician and medical center outcomes.
- Educate all members of the patient care team on an ongoing basis.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current California Registered Nurse (RN) License, Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant.
- Current Basic Life Support certification (BLS) for Healthcare Providers from the American Heart Association.
- 5 years recent experience in an acute care setting.
- A minimum of one year of experience in the role of Clinical Documentation Specialist or one or more years of clinical skills in conjunction with prior coding experience.
- Must possess a diverse set of concurrent medical record review skills, clinical knowledge and knowledge of coding and reimbursement regulations under the Inpatient Prospective Payment System.
- Excellent observation skills, analytical thinking, problem solving skills.
- Good verbal and written communication.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN).
About the department you will serve.
Providence Tarzana Medical Center is a 245-bed not-for-profit medical center that serves the San Fernando Valley, offering high quality specialty services, including: heart and vascular care, orthopedics, oncology and senior services. Recognizing the special health care needs of women and children, our Women's Pavilion & Resource Center provides women's health and maternity care in once central location. The hospital specializes in pediatrics and has one of the largest neonatal intensive care units in the San Fernando Valley. Providence Tarzana has a reputation for clinical excellence and sophisticated technology with a personal touch. Providence Health & Services cares about the people and the lives that we touch each and every day. We are continually driven by the caring tradition of our heritage – the foundation of our Mission and core-values – to embrace respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship. With a rich past reaching back more than 65 years in Southern California, and 150 years in total, Providence Health & Services today celebrates unprecedented growth, recognition for top quality health care, a vibrant employee culture where new ideas are encouraged and a drive to help the underprivileged - all with an eye toward the future.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Nursing - Other
Req ID: 123635