| Nemours is seeking a full-time Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (ARNP) - Hematology/Oncology in Orlando, Florida. |
As one of the nation's leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children – even those who may never enter our doors – through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
Located in Orlando, Florida, Nemours Children's Hospital is the newest addition to the Nemours integrated health care system. Our 100-bed pediatric hospital also features the area's only 24-hour Emergency Department designed just for kids and outpatient pediatric clinics, including several specialties previously unavailable in the region. A hospital designed by families for families, Nemours Children's Hospital blends the healing power of nature with the latest in health care innovation to deliver world-class care to the children of Central Florida and beyond. In keeping with our goal of bringing Nemours care into the communities we serve, we also provide specialty outpatient care in several clinics located throughout the region.
This position is responsible for interviewing patients, obtaining and recording health histories, completing physical and developmental assessments, diagnosing health problems, managing the health care of those patients for which he/she has been educated, providing health care teaching and counseling, initiating referrals and maintaining health records.
- Provides medical and nursing care to pediatric patients as guided by education, clinical expertise and collaborative practice agreement.
- Elicits comprehensive or focused/interval health history(ies).
- Performs complete or interim physical examinations as indicated by the nature of the encounter.
- Orders, performs and/or interprets diagnostic or screening tests.
- Plans interventions, including medications, treatments and procedures, and modifies plans based on evaluation of patient response.
- Initiates, monitors, alters or orders medications related to conditions or illnesses being treated within applicable divisions.
- Refers clients to other health care professionals and agencies as appropriate for specialized services, including, but not limited to, other medical subspecialists, physical and occupational therapy, nutritional counseling and management, special education, growth and development/behavioral counseling.
- Develops or approves in-school management plans for patients as appropriate.
- Makes dietary, activity/exercise, counseling, education and health promotion recommendations within the ARNP scope of practice.
- Initiates any other measure for which the ARNP has been trained depending on patient's condition and judgment of the physician and the ARNP.
- Provides consultative and education resources to direct care nurses in order to improve patient outcomes by enhancing nursing knowledge.
- Initiates any other measure for which the ARNP has been trained, depending on patient's condition and judgment of the physician and the ARNP.
- Documents the above activities in the electronic medical record.
- Complies with the HIPAA regulations.
- Complies with OSHA/safety regulations.
- Adheres to Nemours Customer Service Standards of Performance.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two (2) years pediatric nursing experience required. Other nursing experience may not count toward this requirement.
- Primary and/or Acute Care certifications are acceptable.
- Florida ARNP license in good standing required.
- Valid American Heart Association BLS upon hire required.
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique “Bridge to a Healthy Future” pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.
For more information and to Express Your Interest in less than 60 seconds, please visit: