- New $10 Million + comprehensive cancer center facility
- State-of-the-art equipment to be used in the new facility, such as Varian TrueBeam Linear Accelerator
- Within the new site, Radiation and Medical Oncology will be housed in one location
- American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer and National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers certified, anticipating Quality Oncology Practice Initiative certification application shortly
- Integrated clinical trials capabilities currently running almost 30 clinical trials in oncology, including Alliance and pending NRG membership
- Interventional radiology service line, including ablation and TACE capabilities
- BEACON with integrated VIA Pathways
- Robust EHR used in all areas, including the operating room (EPIC 10-Star health system, top 1% of EPIC Organizations)
- Full-time Palliative Care consultation service
- Members of the Mayo Clinic network with full access to consultative services there, including hematology/oncology, pathology, and radiology for electronic second opinions
- Embedded pharmacy with dedicated oncology pharmacist
- This position is J1 and H1b visa eligible
WORK LIFE BALANCE
- Generous paid time off annually, in addition to holidays and sick time
COMPREHENSIVE COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Full benefits including medical, dental, and disability insurance
- Malpractice/Liability Insurance with Tail Coverage
- Guthrie Retirement Savings Plan (403B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Allowance for licensure fees, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificates and renewals
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer a physician that we hire on a full-time basis
- Meeting time - 14 days with options for home study (includes ten weekdays and two weekends)
- $3,400 annually for conference registration, certifications, and membership fees for specialty-specific medical societies
- Teaching opportunities - Guthrie has six residency programs. The successful candidate also has the potential to participate in medical student education. Guthrie is a regional campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine
- Physician mentoring and leadership training opportunities are available
- Relocation expenses paid
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Physician professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated onboarding specialist and provider services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
About the Area
This region offers breathtaking natural beauty and provides a quiet, safe environment for families with beautiful homes and neighborhoods. With plenty of cultural and sports activities of its own, Guthrie's central location affords the benefits of dining, shopping, culture and recreation in small cities and communities, with easy access to big cities like New York and Philadelphia.
WHY CHOOSE US
Excellent physicians and advanced practitioners choose Guthrie because of a shared commitment to our community and each other. The Guthrie Clinic was founded on the principle that people in small towns deserve the same access to high-quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and physician-led, we deliver on that promise through an integrated healthcare delivery system caring for patients across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
We're glad you are interested in joining our team.
Email, call, or text Kerry Hitchcock, Physician and APP Recruiter, Guthrie Medical Group to start the conversation and learn more about Guthrie. firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 607.725.8308 (cell).
The Guthrie Clinic is a non-profit, integrated, practicing physician-led organization in the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 366 physicians and 302 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Medical Education Programs include General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Anesthesiology and Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, as well as Cardiovascular, Gastroenterology and Pulmonary Critical Care Fellowship programs. Guthrie is also a clinical campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
Guthrie Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provide more than 1 million patient visits per year to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning, and discovery.
About the Area
Cortland, NY, is a city of 17,556 and home to a quaint downtown with a collection of attractions, restaurants, accommodations, and recreational activities. Cortland County is the Eastern Gateway to the Finger Lakes Region and is located midway between Syracuse to the north and Binghamton to the south. This area is home to two centers of higher learning, SUNY Cortland and Tompkins Cortland Community College.
Learn more: https://www.experiencecortland.com/about