Location: Jacksonville, Florida
The Division of Hematology & Oncology at Nemours Children's Health in Jacksonville is seeking a Director for its Blood and Marrow Transplant (BMT) Program. This is a full-time employed position with ample teaching and research opportunities.
The Hematology & Oncology Division has a strong track record of accomplishments in delivering BMT clinical services to children that includes: stem cell therapies for leukemia, myelodysplastic and myeloproliferative disease, solid tumors such as neuroblastoma and relapsed Wilms tumor, bone marrow failure syndromes, relapsed Hodgkin lymphoma and more recently sickle cell disease and CAR-T infusions.
The successful candidate will hold an MD/DO or foreign equivalent degree, be board certified or eligible in pediatric hematology-oncology, and demonstrate an interest in Bone Marrow Transplant eligible for an unrestricted Florida medical license.
Opportunity and Program highlights:
- We are a division of seven (7) physicians; with excellent administrative and clinical support that includes twelve RNs, one nurse manager, three APRNs, two (2) transplant coordinators (RN), and two MAs.
- Inpatient medical care is provided at our adjacent state-of-the-art partner hospital Wolfson Children's Hospital.
- The division has a long-standing participation record in successful clinical trials, cooperative groups, and consortia.
- We actively participate in graduate and post-graduate education of residents and fellows, and medical students of the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine program and the University of Florida Jacksonville College of Medicine program
- Academic faculty appointments are available through Mayo Medical School and the University of Florida, Jacksonville.
- Research support will be commensurate to an individual's accomplishments and potential.
- Nemours Children's Health Jacksonville is a 340B National Hemophilia Treatment Center
Learn more about Nemours Children's Health and our Mission: Nemours' Mission
For confidential consideration, please provide your CV and cover letter to:
Eric Sandler, M.D., Chair of Pediatrics
Professor of Pediatrics, Mayo School of Medicine
With Copy to:
Fernando Moncada, CPRP
With three clinic locations in the Jacksonville area, Nemours Children's Health is a leading provider of pediatric specialty care in north Florida. Many of our pediatric specialists are regularly recognized as the "Best Doctors in America(r)." We offer comprehensive, family-centered care in more than 30 pediatric specialties. Several of those specialties, offered in collaboration with Wolfson Children's Hospital, have been named among the best in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Jacksonville is Florida's River City by the Sea With 840 square miles; it is the largest city in the United States. It is a city that still has a small-town atmosphere but has grown into a sophisticated business city with a penchant for culture, sports, and exceptional quality of life.
The area is home to over 35 miles of sandy, white beaches; more than 55 world-class golf courses, including the Stadium Course at Sawgrass; beautiful state parks; luxurious spas and resorts. Cultural attractions include the Jacksonville Symphony; the Florida Theatre, which offers national performers on stage nearly every night of the year; touring Broadway shows; and the Museum of Science and History.
Nemours offers a competitive salary and extensive benefits package that includes bonus incentives, relocation allowance, life insurance, comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage, CME and board maintenance allowances, a retirement plan with employer matching, and an additional 457B retirement savings plan, paid time off, paid parental time off, educational allowance, paid licensure and malpractice fees, professional membership dues allowance, and more.