Location: Fairview Range Medical Center, Minnesota
Internal Number: R0018608
University of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) is a non-profit organization seeking driven individuals in both clinical and non-clinical areas to help transform health and medicine. Headquartered in Minneapolis, our organization employs more than 1,200 physicians, 300 advanced practice providers and 2,200 health professionals and staff throughout Minnesota and beyond.
Join us on a mission to advance medicine.
We are seeking a Radiation Oncology Physician to join our community practice in Hibbing, Minnesota! Located in Northern Minnesota, you'll be surrounded by the pristine appeal of nature where you can enjoy the recreational activities offered in all four seasons!
This position would see patients at the Fairview Mesaba Clinic in Hibbing, a growing regional multi-specialty practice that offers primary and specialty care across Northeastern Minnesota. Our Radiation Oncology department is part of the M Health Fairview Cancer Care Service Line, strengthening a renewed connection to the University of Minnesota Medical School, offering a unique opportunity to contribute to the academic and education missions in the Department of Radiation Oncology.
- Our hospital based radiation therapy department offers 3D conformal, IMRT, IGRT, RapidArc, SBRT, SRS, and DIBH radiation therapy treatments.
- We use Varian iX and TrueBeam treatment machines, GE CT Simulator, Aria, Eclipse treatment planning, EPIC, and we will be installing Identify surface guidance by the end of 2022.
- Support is provided by multiple radiation therapists, medical physicists, a certified medical dosimetrist, an RN care coordinator, LPN, and social worker.
- You'll work with our team of 2 Hematology/Oncology Physicians and an Advanced Practice Hem/Onc Provider.
- Tumor board conferences are available virtually through the U of MN.
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME radiation oncology residency training program.
- Board eligible/certified with the American Board of Radiology (ABR)
- Licensed or ability to acquire medical license and DEA in the State of Minnesota, and meet threshold criteria/qualifications for credentialing and privileges.
We're proud to offer our employees a robust benefits package. Our benefits package was recently recognized for its appealing and inclusive nature. Some highlights include:
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans
- Best in industry 401K employer contribution
- As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we are a qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Concierge services and a well-being allowance
Additional information on our benefits can be found here.
M Health and Clinical Partnerships
Providers practice at affiliated locations under the M Health Fairview shared care delivery system. This partnership represents a collaboration between University of Minnesota Physicians, University of Minnesota Medical Center and Fairview Health to build a nationally known academic health system that combines academic and community resources to provide the very best clinical care to patients and communities, while also supporting research and education across the joint healthcare delivery system.
M Health Fairview is the most comprehensive health care network in northeastern Minnesota. Fairview Range includes Fairview Range Medical Center, Fairview Mesaba Clinics (with locations in Hibbing, Nashwauk, and Mountain Iron), Fairview Range Home Care and Hospice, and Fairview Transportation Services. #UMP
We are proud to partner with health systems across the region. Through these partnerships, we carry out our mission to provide access to outstanding patient care to communities across the state. In addition to our collaboration with Fairview Health Services, M Physicians also has partnerships with Park Nicollet, Regions Hospital, North Memorial Hospital, Children's Minnesota, Gillette Children's Specialty Healthcare, TRIA Orthopaedic Center and CentraCare Health.
Surrounded by the appeal of the North Woods, Hibbing, Minnesota is the largest city on the Iron Range of Minnesota. It is an educational, cultural, and economic center for the northeast region of the state. Three major highways provide easy access to the east and west range cities, Duluth, the Twin Cities and Canada. The community includes a strong educational system and workforce, and affordable housing. Hibbing also is known for unlimited four-season recreational activities, with access to more than a million acres of pristine yet rugged wilderness and 1,000 lakes.
M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.